1) Place the flour and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Roughly chop the butter and add to the bowl. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2) Add the egg yolk and water and pulse to form a ball. If it is too dry, add a little extra water. Wrap pastry in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
3) Line a 28 centimetre tart pan with pastry. Prick with a fork and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 200C. Cover pastry with baking paper, then cover paper with rice or dried beans. Bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove weights and cook a further 5 minutes.
4) Reduce oven temperature to 180 degrees C. Whisk together eggs and sugar until pale and creamy. Mix in lemon juice, rind and cream. Whisk until smooth.
5) Pour filling into prepared pastry shell and bake for 30 minutes or until just set.
6) Allow to cool. Serve with cream or ice cream.
Winner March 2011 Woodland Favourite Recipe Competition. Kindly shared by Joanne Hodgson of Taranaki: “I love anything lemon, so I like to cook this Yummy Lemon Tart using Woodland free range eggs.”