Okonomayki is a Japanese savory pancake typically filled with cabbage. It’s cheap to make and delicious! We make ours with bacon because… well, everything’s better with bacon!
- Fry the bacon in a nonstick pan until cooked and crispy. Remove and chop slice into pieces.
- To make the batter add the flour and baking powder to a large bowl. Mix in 2 of the eggs, soy sauce, and water (you can add small amounts at a time). Fold in the cabbage and chopped bacon.
- Heat the avocado oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add ½ cup of batter. Cook the pancake until the bottom is golden, around 5 minutes, then carefully flip. Cook until the centre is cooked through and the underside is golden. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Fry the remaining eggs in a non-stick pan, sunny side up (or to your preference).
- Serve the okonomiyaki hot with a fried egg on top. Drizzle with okonomi sauce and Japanese mayonnaise. Sprinkle with nori and fried fish flakes.