- In two bowls divide eggs into 3 yolks and 2 egg whites. Set aside.
- Add egg yolks and sugar to your stand mixer and beat until light and pale. Add vanilla bean paste, thickened cream and mascarpone to the stand mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add egg whites to a large bowl. Using your hand mixer beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold into the bowl. Set aside.
- Mix coffee with kahlua (if using). Break sponge fingers into smaller pieces to fit your glasses.
- Layer sponge fingers into the jars.
- Pour the kahlua coffee over then layer with cream mix, fresh berries, chocolate peels and pistachio nuts.
- Pop in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight.
Send Us Your Recipe